Thursday, May 22, 2008

Fundamental Issues



"I want to learn and grow together, both in a D/s sense and as people. Through the exchange of ideas, actions and communication about all aspects of what we will share as I offer and you offer... as I take and you give and as I give to you and you take from me.

I will respect your real life and expect and demand for you to make that a priority, both in respect to your family and your job. I expect you to communicate fully any issues as they come up immediately if something I have asked, or we are sharing is creating a conflict with either family or job that can not be overcome, the small issues and the large."


Source: Wants and Desires by Miss Laura

For this first day, I chose to begin with the first two paragraphs of your Wants and Desires and will continue taking the paragraphs, two by two, in order as I work through this assignment. My understanding of what you have communicated in these two paragraphs is that you want reality in our relationship, not simply a caricature of a relationship; real thoughts, feelings, ideas and experiences. You wish us to share not only the lifestyle but life. You have communicated that you expect me to make you and our relationship a priority but have also pledged that you will also maintain a distinction between fantasy and reality by not expecting me make my work and family a lower priority with respect to our relationship for capricious reasons recognizing that I do in fact have responsibilities to these areas as well. But you also do expect that I will communicate with you and make you aware of conflicts as they arise when I need time to focus on matters other than our relationship. You want our relationship to remain fresh and vibrant and not to become stagnant or lacking in meaning. As a result you expect us both to be committed to growth both as individuals as well as a couple.

You ask these things of me because you are unwilling to settle for pretense. The challenges of our geographical separation do not mean we should give less to this relationship than we would be willing to do if we were able to see and be with each other all the time. You expect me to give the same efforts and attention because this relationship, like all relationships is a living thing and must be nurtured and nourished if it is to flourish and be meaningful.

Things I can do to accomplish the goals you have set include things like making the effort to be in contact with you daily, whether by email, chat or phone. Keeping you informed about what is going on in my life and sharing with you beyond simply lifestyle matters and issues. Being willing to explore new ideas and activities even if I might find them intimidating and sharing openly with you my own perceived needs and desires so that we can grow as individuals and as partners.

I feel that you have expressed rational wants and desires, needful things, and that each issue you touched on are things that are necessary ingredients to a successful and lasting relationship. I am agreeable to them and pledge to accomplish them.

You may expect that I will do my utmost to accomplish the goals you have set and do my part to contribute to the success of our partnership. I will give the best of my talents and abilities towards achieving the worthy ends you propose and to meet your wants and desires.

While accomplishing this first day of the assignment, I chose to do the "You will stroke yourself to edge immediately before beginning to write and additionally for each 200 words you write, stopping each time you reach those 200 words" encouragement. I began by stroking my cock until I had achieved an edge and then began to write my response to the first two paragraphs. After the first 200 words, I stopped writing and stroked my cock until I had offered a second edge. I then continued to write until I had written another 200 words at which point i stopped and performed a third edge. A total of three edges were performed as I completed the essay after the third edge with forty-one additional words. I hope you are pleased with my efforts for the first day of this assignment.

No comments: