Friday, May 23, 2008

Honesty


“I demand honesty.

I require and want full and complete answers at all times. In an online environment more information is always better than less.”

For the second day I am focused on paragraphs three and four. While preparing my response I chose to have my ass plugged the entire time I was writing as the encouragement.

Source: Wants and Desires by Miss Laura

You insist on fairness, sincerity and straightforwardness from me. You justly claim your right that I never lie to you or attempt to mislead or deceive you about my thoughts or feelings. I think honesty also implies that I not say what I think you want to hear but what I am actually thinking or feeling. You expect honesty from me both of mind and deed.

You demand honesty from me because it is clear that honesty is vital to the health of all relationships. Mutual trust, openness, and understanding are the key contributors to feelings of friendship and intimacy. Conversely it is very hard to be in a relationship with a person who distorts or withholds information critical to that relationship.

To accomplish what you expect from me in the way of honesty I will be open and transparent and not hide my feelings from you. I will share with you my needs, desires, problems and conflicts. Simply I will accept you into my life in its entirety and not in measured parts. I will never claim to have performed something if I have not or exaggerate the facts of what was accomplished. I will not attempt to minimize my failures but will be candid at all times.

I definitely am in complete agreement with your expectations for honesty in our relationship. Honesty is always critically important to the success of any relationship and given the nature of our relationship, it must be an imperative because for all practical purposes, it forms the foundation of out relationship. I believe myself to be honest and believe I can offer that to you. I expect honesty from others and I should never ask that which I am unwilling to give in return.

No comments: